Monday, November 22, 2010

Under The Big Top?


Alice + Olivia

DVF

MYNE




 We have all heard from countless magazines and any fashion guru that can get you to listen, that stripes rarely look good on anyone. Depending on your body shape, often the stripes can end up uneven or stretched across certain parts on your chest. However, there is always that glimmer of hope in any fashion guru's voice, "you just have to find the right stripe for you." Well, I must admit I found a few nautical striped blouses last season that were amazing and looked great on. The nautical stripe was such a huge trend this year that it seemed everywhere you went someone was wearing it. This season that look has been reinvented and I must admit I am not sure if I am a fan or not. This year's stripe is a sometimes asymmetrical, thick bold graphic stripe in black and white that seems to scream, look at me - look at me!!
I have seen this look chic when styled the right way, but occasionally I just think it looks like if the circus married a jailbird and they had a child this would be the outcome. Now the designers who are showing this look are some of my favorites like Diane Von Furstenburg and Alice + Olivia who in my book can rarely do anything wrong. I guess I will do what any good fashion guru would tell me to do and have a glimmer of hope that I might stop questioning this or change my mind after I try it on for myself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates