Saturday, November 20, 2010

A New Spin On Hostess Gifts






 With the holidays rapidly approaching I am beginning to think about the gifts my loved ones will receive this year. Not only do I have many friends and family to buy for but also the hostesses of the many holiday parties my husband and I will attend. Now, I could bring the traditional wine or chocolate.......... but this year I am going to give something that gives back. Glassybaby is a Seattle based company started by a husband and wife team that does just that. Glassybaby was created in 2006 when designer Lee Rhodes was diagnosed with cancer. Lee gifted her husband with a certificate for glass blowing lessons during this critical time. When he came home from that first class with a glass votive candle holder Glassybaby was born. To honor those who have walked down her same path, Lee established Glassybaby Goodwill. Every year, Glassybaby goodwill designates a select group of colors to benefit local and national organizations contributing to cancer patient care and cancer research.

You can read the heartwarming story and purchase them here: http://www.glassybaby.com/default.aspx Glassybaby now has a new creation called Drinkers. Drinkers are crafted into the beautiful shape of a wine glass without the stem. They come in some delightful colors and are my new favorite way to drink and serve wine. Cheers to giving good gift and giving back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates