Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Latest Luxury - The Tale Of The Puffy Vest

So a good friend of mine is always telling me that I don't dress warm enough! I suffer for fashion people!! It's commitment and love. However, she is right, I do need some warmer pieces. Said friend keeps mentioning Puffy vests and coats. I should express my (now former) disgust of the puffy coat or vest. I just never felt like the puffy coat was very attractive and my first thought when I would see someone wearing one was the giant stay puft marshmallow man from Ghostbusters! Well, I am now over my disgust of the puffy coat. Here's where the story begins. I was checking out some gossip websites a few days ago (yes I love the gossip sites - sue me). That's when I saw this picture of Kelly Ripa.....
  That's when it came to me! A belt! That's what this coat that I was creating in my mind needed. Just like Kelly's coat, a belt would accentuate the waist area creating a more chic look. As an added bit of fashion I decided that my coat would need a fur trimmed hood. So I went on the hunt! A few days in I wasn't having much luck that's when I went out to get my mail and in the box was a winter catalog from Michael Kors and that's when I saw this....
 This was it! Maybe I wasn't quite ready for the commitment of the coat, I would start with the vest!  I went online to search for it and wouldn't you know SOLD OUT! Not available anywhere. So I headed to the mall where we have a Michael Kors store. Once inside I spotted the vest. They had my size I tried it on and I was in love! I purchased it immediately! If you are in the market for a puffy coat or vest this winter I would highly recommend checking out Michael Kors. They also have the vest in the coat version and many other puffy coats in different styles and colors.Just remember to look for a vest with a belt for added chicness! Here's a picture of the latest luxury to my closet! My friends need not worry- I am warm now!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I am the friend concerned about the cold. And I am very, very, VERY proud to see that very warm and puffy coat in your closet!! Well done!! You still need the vest...SO PROUD.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have o try this out- Hahaha I definitely don't want to look like Mr. Stay Puft. ;-)

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates