Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes 2011 Fashion

So I must say I was a little disappointed by the nominees that I was looking forward to seeing tonight. In my opinion, some of them were so wrong or bad that I was shocked! I know that the dress process for these awards shows is so crazy and it's like politics to get an amazing dress.... but question to designers.....Why do the presenters have better gowns than the nominees?
While I was disappointed in the nominee gowns there were some AMAZING gowns tonight, and here are my faves:

 Sandra Bullock- Loved the boho chic dress - hated the hair with a passion.


 Emma Stone- I loved Emma in this refreshing simplistic Calvin Klein number. She looks amazing as a blonde or a redhead and this color is very flattering.



 Angelina Jolie- Angelina looked fabulous in this stunning long sleeved green gown. We rarely see her in much color so this is a treat.


Mandy Moore- I adored this gown on Mandy and especially love the shade of blue. Mandy looks glamorous in an unpretentious way.


Anne Hathaway- Rachel Zoe you have shut it down again! This dress was breathtaking and I would love to see it up close.  Again, another gorgeous long sleeved gown and with a stunning back.



Claire Danes- In neon pink Calvin Klein who also dressed Emma Stone tonight, another of my favorites.




AND NOW..........a few NOT SO GREAT looks from the night:


Leighton Meester


Natalie Portman



Julianne Moore

So it seemed like less was more this year with many simplistic silhouettes and minimal jewelry. Also, looks like dark green was the color of the night! Here are some celebs in the popular color.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates