Friday, January 14, 2011

Countdown To The Golden Globes 2011

So awards season is officially kicking off with the Golden Globe awards this Sunday. I just can't wait to see those gorgeous gowns, the jewels and the hair and makeup! Here are a few nominees I have my eye on.

Michelle Williams -Blue Valentine
I can't wait to see what Michelle will choose to accent her new platinum pixie haircut that I adore!
Here is Michelle and the late Heath Ledger at The Globes in 2006. Michelle is wearing a gorgeous purple Givenchy. I would love to see her in something neon bright or possibly something black as a strong contrast to her hair.


Natalie Portman - Black Swan
Having seen Black Swan this past weekend, Natalie totally deserves this award! I can't imagine the training it would take let alone the acting chops to pull off that movie. I hope she isn't a method actor!
Here is Natalie in 2005 at the Globes in vintage Chanel when she won for her role in the film Closer. Let's hope she does much better than this on Sunday!


Halle Berry - Frankie & Alice
 If there is one thing Halle Berry is good at, other than acting, it's knowing how to dress her body for her petite frame. I am sure she will be stunning in her signature sexy style. Here is Halle at the 2010 Globes in a Kaufman Franco lace number to die for!


Anne Hathaway - Love & Other Drugs
Here is Anne attending the 2009 Globes as a nominee for Rachael Getting Married. Anne wore this gasp worthy, gorgeous Armani Prive gown. Anne is a client of Rachel Zoe so I am sure she will be FAB!


Mila Kunis - Black Swan
This will be the first Globe's award show for Mila, for which she is nominated for her Black Swan role. Mila is beautiful and would look lovely in so many different options!  What she will choose?!?  I am sure people are throwing options at her right and left. Here she is at the 2009 Emmy Award's in Monique Lhuillier (I really don't love this color or dress length on her) Hopefully she has a great stylist who will help her look amazing.




Lea Michelle - Glee
Here is Lea at the 2010 Globe's making a name for herself in the fashion world in the black Oscar de la Renta masterpiece.



Claire Danes -Temple Grandin
Here is Claire attending the Globe's in 2009 in Valentino Couture. While I love Valentino, this looked more like a prom gown on Claire and less like a couture gown. Claire has had some fashion moments on the red carpet that were fantastic and I am hoping she has one of those nights come Sunday! On a side note - here's some fun Globe's history for you who were teenagers in the early 90's. Claire was nominated and won for her character of Angela Chase on one of my favorite 90's teen angst shows, My So Called Life! Ahh Jordan Catalano!!




Sofia Vergara - Modern Family
I have seen Sofia in gowns that really make her a star and I have seen her in some not so great gowns. For instance, at the 2010 Golden Globes - not so great. I'm hoping for better this year!

 

So who will be the best dressed nominee of the night? Any thoughts you guys? My vote is on my Fab 4- Anne Hathaway, Mila or Natalie and possibly Michelle Williams. Apparently Renee Zellweger and Sandra Bullock will be presenting along with Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez & Michelle Pfieffer who I am sure will all be gorgeous! Can't wait to see them as well! Get the popcorn ready, The presentation of the 2011 Golden Globe Awards live telecast is on NBC Sunday January 16th, 5PM PST & 8PM EST.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates